It is becoming increasingly apparent that our current ‘throw away’ culture is creating major global environmental issues. We need to change our behaviours in various aspects of our lives, and this is particularly the case with healthcare delivery which accounts for over 4% of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions. The NHS, like many other healthcare delivery organisations across the world, is now taking active steps to address this, both in regard to its own operation and that of its supply chain.
Companies will not be able to ‘look the other way’ and hope that this is a passing fad – major changes will need to be made to product design, materials usage, waste, and in some instances, fundamental business models. Sustainability will need to become an integral part of your business strategy.
- Delivering a Net Zero NHS
- NHS Evergreen Sustainable Supplier Assessment
- Carbon reduction plan requirements for the procurement of NHS goods, services and works
- NHS Supply Chain: Sustainability
- NHS Net Zero Supplier Roadmap
- NHS Carbon Reduction Plan (CRP) Requirements April ’23
Event: NHS Net Zero / Sustainability – online
Medilink UK is hosting a webinar on 19th October, 2023 at 2pm, at which member companies have kindly agreed to share their experiences gained while navigating their net zero voyage. The event is free to members and will provide helpful and practical insights, and will offer opportunities for you to ask questions relevant to your own net zero journey. For more details and to register, click here.
Some of our members have kindly shared their thoughts and experiences of sustainability/carbon reduction. Reference is made to ‘The Circular Economy’, a term that medical device manufacturers will need to become familiar with, and take active steps towards, in order to meet the evolving needs of global healthcare delivery organisations.
- The Journey to Net Zero Healthcare – Adam Levick, Surgical Innovations
- Sustainable healthcare requires a shift towards circular economy – Shak Gohir, CPI
- Brandon Medical’s Sustainability Journey, Sharing our know-how on Net Zero – Graeme Hall, Brandon Medical
- Navigating the path to Net Zero Carbon, What Primary Care Providers need to know – Helen Matthews and Mehsan Khalid, Hill Dickinson
- Carbon Reduction through design and innovation – Richard Shaw, Pd-m International