‘Healthcare Innovation and Business Strategy’ Training Course - derisking and accelerating product development
Open the door to business growth and personal development with Ascend Skills.
By popular demand, new dates for this two-day innovation course have been added in 2018 for organisations in the Healthcare Technologies sector. This course will help you develop and optimise your innovation processes in order to improve the probability of commercial success and thus increase your revenue.
Discover ground breaking tools and methodologies to identify opportunities, uncover unmet clinical needs and learn how to translate these into product design.
Techniques covered include ethnography, lead users, competitor analysis, portfolio planning tools, concept enrichment and selection, value proposition and business case preparation.
Date and location
Location: HGF Office, Leeds, LS11 9DX
Date: 6th & 7th November, 2018
Don't take our word for it...
“The Innovation Course highlighted tools which can be used to improve the innovation process, very helpful thanks."
Professor Graham Pockley - Director of the John van Geest Cancer Research Centre, Founder/CEO of Chromocyte Ltd and CEO of Multimmune GmbH
“The course provided some great tools to use on a daily basis to enable us to take the "fuzziness" out of the decision making process.”
Chetan Sharma, Senior Product Manager, Advanced Medical Solutions Plc
"It's really great to have a MedTech focus when it comes to BD training. It will help convince senior management on user needs and help them consider this in terms of profit, revenue, risk and value."
Chung Looi, Cognitive Neuroscientist and Project Manager, Cambridge Cognition Plc
“The Medilink two day innovation course was taught in a friendly and relaxed environment that stimulated a transfer of knowledge between delegates.”
Steve Nixon, Sales and Marketing Director, Viamed Ltd
“It's given me a lot of tools I can use in my current role. I would highly recommend.”
Linda Olubajo, Business Partner, Sheffield Hallam University
“The course provided me with tools and learning that will help develop our strategic direction and will positively impact our innovation activities and consequently our growth.”
Steven Neill, Head of Innovation & New Product Development, NIRI Technologies, Nonwovens Innovation & Research Institute Ltd
Delivered by nationally accredited sector specialists
The Ascend Skills Innovation course is delivered by sector experts at Medilink, Innovation Services Manager Dr Patrick Trotter PhD, MBA (Techmgmt) (who has over 20 years of working in R&D for SMEs and multinationals and has founded and run two technology and innovation consultancies for the healthcare sector) and Senior Innovation and Commercialisation Officer Tom Wright (who has over 8 years of experience working as a consultant to SMEs and multinationals in order to bring new products and services to market).
What does the course cover?
- Why the UK fails to translate invention to innovation
- Innovation strategy and vision including portfolio planning
- Creating an innovative culture in your workplace
- Identifying unmet customer needs and translating these into concept design
- Evaluating new technologies
- Product life cycle extension
- Building the business case/research proposal
- Project management and understanding the implications of the regulatory and clinical trial process
FULL COURSE DETAIL:
- What is innovation?
- Why is innovation important in growth of businesses?
- Barriers to Innovation
- Company vision and strategy
- Portfolio management (including BCG matrix, bubble diagrams and multi-generation product plans)
- Culture, rewards and recognition and team structure
- Market opportunity and unmet customer needs
- Needs analysis, need segmentation and prioritisation
- Converting needs in to product design (idea generation, enrichment and selection)
- NHS drivers and the value proposition
- Development of an Evidence Generation Plan (for clinical trials and post market clinical follow up)
- Introduction to regulatory strategy (EU and US)
- Selling Ideas
- Assessing innovation in your own workplace
Who should attend?
- CEO and senior executives responsible for new product development
- Individuals/teams in R&D, marketing or operations roles
- Universities (Scientists, research and innovation teams, technology transfer, research and business engagement.)
- NHS staff (clinicians with ideas, procurement professionals, CCG’s who are involved with the evaluation of new technologies) NHS support organisations (CSUs, AHSNs etc.) and research institutions.
How much will it cost?
£545 for sector SMEs.
£995 for large companies, universities and NHS
£645 for sector SMEs.
£1,095 for large companies, universities and NHS
Booking more than one delegate onto the course? Medilink skills training now offers a 10% discount for multiple delegates from one organisation attending the course.
Book your place now!
For more information speak to our Skills Coordinator on 0114 232 9292 or email firstname.lastname@example.org