- This event has passed.
The Challenges and Heartaches of Clinical Trials
July 6, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
Join Medilink West Midlands' industry expert Alex Toft, as they give you an insight into Clinical Trials, scientific advice and the challenges that you may come up against.
Covered topics will include:
- A brief overview of the various phases of clinical trials
- Scientific advice and the different approaches of the FDA and EMA – mitigating strategies
- The pit falls and challenges with your hospital selections and appointments here and overseas
- The curved balls from your toxicological programme and the challenges
- Making sure you are CMC ready to support your trials
- Anecdotal ethical committee challenge in overseas markets
- Your CRO – friend or foe
There will be time for a Q&A Session at the end of the Workshop.
Presentation by: Alex Toft, Business Growth Advisor, University of Warwick Science Park
Having spent his initial career with Unilever, ICI and INEOS in commercial roles and through a process of serendipity he invented not one drug but a series which led to the foundation of a biotech, INEOS Healthcare. As the founder he grew the business from 3 people to a multinational biotech and at its peak running clinical trials across 23 countries in 250 hospitals. He is not only well versed in clinical trials but all the other surrounding challenges associated with drug development, including developing IP, identifying your Key Opinion Leaders and marketing a drug. He is published in several academic journey and is a key inventor in 10 patents.
He was awarded the Pott’s Medal in 2014 by The University of Liverpool for his contribution to science and held a Senior Honorary Lectureship post in Clinical Medicine. He has also worked for the NHS and is responsible for launching the first national children’s air ambulance.
Early bird: Book before Thursday 15 June 2017 for a 10% discount
Medilink Members: £10
Click here to book your place.
For more information please contact Vanessa Bailey